Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Talk Tuesday-The Awesomeness of God in The Valley of Tears


I love nature. It speaks of the glory of God, showing forth His awesomeness and might in each intricate detail outlined by the brush of His artistry. Yet, when faced trials, we often tremble at the circumstance before us. Why?

As I watched the Youtube Video from Chris Tomlin’s ‘How Great is Our God’ tour (currently posted on this blog), I heard the speaker, Lou Giglio, say the following:

“Sin, it has a way of shrinking God down in our minds and puffing us up in our own estimation. But just a glance into the universe God has made resizes everything in a heartbeat.”

‘Do not fear’ is written 365 times in the Bible.

Isaiah 41:10 “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (KJV)

We are instructed to be, “Joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer” Romans 12:12 (NIV)

How can the awesomeness of God affect our outlook of our circumstance as we walk through the valley of tears? I look forward to hearing and learning from you. Please click on the 'comments' link to respond.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this message. I am often reminded that when we are in the Valley, this is the opportunity for God's power to be revealed in us and through us. The limitations of my humanity and the frailty of my soul is revealed and I lay before God with only my obedience to offer him. I am nothing without and in and only through him can I be effective for the sake of the Kingdom. Our valleys are places where we can experience growth, be challenged in our faith, experience what it is to feel God's peace and places where perseverance and character can be formed.
I don't like being in the valley, because it's painful and there are times when few can truly understand to walk through it with you, but God is there with you, He never leaves you or forsakes you and he will continue the work he has begun, if you continue to trust in Him and not to lose heart.
Blessings

Natasha said...

Amazed, your words and wisdom are an encouragement. Thank you for our openness. I find myself thinking of the scripture from 2 Corinthians 12:9, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." In the valley, the Lord gently shows me my weaknesses only to reveal HIS awesome power and might. May God rock your world with HIS awesomeness during this season of your life. Thank you again for the encouragement, and yes, I will continue to trust Him.

Andrew said...

I myself went through a valley experience and I often thought of Job. I hung unto the Lord by a string and He held me to victory. Praise Him. Yes, He will never leave you or forsake you.

I just finished reading "Make Today Count" by John Maxwell. In it was a quote from Rabbi Abraham Heschel that I really like,"Faith like Job's cannot be shaken because it is the result of having been shaken." I know it is hard going through the valley but remember God is in control.