Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Talk Tuesday


Have you ever walked through the valley and wondered why you were there? In my hurt and pride I demanded to know WHY. Why was the Lord allowing me to walk through such a life-altering valley? The Lord, in His tender mercy, answered me through the Word of Jeremiah the Prophet.

Jeremiah 12-Jeremiah's Complaint (vs.1-3)
"You are always righteous, O LORD, when I bring a case before you. Yet I would speak with you about your justice: Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why do all the faithless live at ease? You have planted them, and they have taken root; they grow and bear fruit. You are always on their lips but far from their hearts. Yet you know me, O LORD; you see me and test my thoughts about you."

God's Answer (vs. 5)
"If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage by the thickets of the Jordan?"

The Lord in His infinite mercy ministered to my proud heart that all trials are unto a purpose, regardless of their nature. Trials are meant to increase our faith and prepare us to be able to stand in the midst of the storm, leaning on the Everlasting Rock of our Salvation Jesus Christ. As each trial ends a new one is on the horizon of life. As each new victory passes a new one also awaits us. As an athlete gains strength through training, we gain strength through trusting Him in each valley. I have been humbled continuously by His wisdom.

How have you seen this play out in your life? Please click on the 'comments' link to respond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that God is love and He cares for His children. I know also that every trial that we through is for a purpose. I know too that sometimes it is hard to bear when the trial lingers but the good thing is, He promised to go through it with us. Amen.

Natasha said...

Joyce, well said! It is STILL amazes me that He promised to go through it with us. What a merciful Saviour. I recently walked through a valley that was unlike anything I ever experienced before in my life. I asked Jesus to walk with me as I prepared for this 'journey'. He was with me in such an awesome and literal way. My faith has increased through this particular valley. Thank you for sharing.