Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Talk Tuesday – I have little faith… help me.

So you think you have little faith. You pray and God does not answer your prayers. You see God moving in other people’s lives, but what about yours? You cry, “God help me…. Do you hear me?”


Jesus says, in Matthew 17:20


"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."


I often wondered about this verse in the Bible, especially when I became a Christian. I trusted Him in some situations and not in others. One minute I had super faith, and then in other situations my faith was week. When my wife went through surgery God helped me through it all. He often sent people of great faith to encourage us. Sometimes I would look at some of these people of faith and wish I had faith like them. God ministered to me that these people had to go through many trials to have the faith they possess now. God said, ”Just trust me.”

When we were about to get married, we were looking for a few verses in the Bible for the reading of the scripture, so we asked Tash’s dad. He gave us a passage from Proverbs 3. I especially held on to Proverbs 3:5-6:


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.


No matter how small we think our faith is all we have to do is trust Him and He will make our path straight.


So what concerns do you have to put at the foot of the Cross? What problems do you have to put at Jesus’ feet? All He is asking from us is to trust Him. So take that mustard seed of faith and use it for His honor and glory.

Check out Movie Monday for an idea of how small a mustard seed really is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God has given you a great will to persevere and learn to have faith Andrew and in turn your experience inspires others to learn to have faith too, no matter what the circumstances. You talk of faith and hope, and the greatest of all is love but..truly without faith, we are still taking baby steps. Your sharing is a blessing to us all!

Beloved said...

Yes, your testimony of faithfulness and steadfast support as a husband is very inspiring. And Tash's perseverance through suffering has been inspiring as well. No one but you can fully understand what it meant and still means to walk in your shoes, but God has kept you and is keeping you! The fact that you are still testifying for Him is proof of your unwavering faith, in spite of "feelings" of weakness and fear.

One thing the Lord is teaching me is that it is not bad to struggle with doubt, but the danger is in giving up. So as long as we keep persevering to take our doubting thoughts captive and to keep communing with Him and wrestling through the issues in prayer, He is pleased. And He will help our faith to grow. Although we may feel weak, others may be looking at us and seeing God's strength working in us.

Thanks again for sharing your journey.