Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Talk Tuesday-Our Struggles

Hi BGO Community!
Today we are featuring a guest writer, Trusting in God. Enjoy and please click on the comments link below to express your feelings on the topic or to view the input of others.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Struggles

Sometimes life can feel so daunting for the Christian - the trials come in such swift succession!. We suffer at the hands of one taskmaster after the other – in the workplace, in society, in the home and yes, even in the church!
Then the enemy shows us others, among them also, those who are living according to the dictates of the world and they seem to be prospering, while we find ourselves reeling from one blow after the other from life.
Yet in the midst of this, we know that the God we serve is faithful. He sees our misery and our cries for help rise up to Him. He hears our groaning and remembers His covenant with us and because He is a loving Father, he delivers us from our daunting situations.

The Book of Exodus gives us a heart-wrenching account of the abject oppression of the Israelites by the Egyptian king and his administration:
“ The Egyptians became ruthless in imposing tasks on the Israelites, and made their lives bitter with hard service in mortar and brick and in every kind of field labour. They were ruthless in all the tasks that they imposed on them” (vv.1:13-14)
“Out of the slavery, their cry for help rose up to God. God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. God looked upon the Israelites and took notice of them” (vv 1:23-25)
“……I have observed the misery of my people who are in Egypt; I have heard their cries on account of their taskmasters. Indeed, I know their sufferings, and I have come down to deliver them from the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a good and broad land, a land flowing with milk and honey……….” ( vv. 3:7-8)

There were other trials for the Israelites, but their deliverance and walk into the promised land came ‘in God’s timing.’

What trials seem to plague you today? Does life seem daunting?
Trust God – He will come through for you in the fullness of time.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I feel particularly blessed because it was because of my accident that I was saved and since then during my recovery I have been surrounded by exceptionally supportive people, and some who have themselves been an inspiration to me because of the difficulties they themselves have overcome! I thank Natasha for being just one of these!

Stacey said...

Hi, this is a timely post ... just yesterday I felt led to read Psalm 37, slowly, out loud. It is a good reminder to us that although those not honouring God "appear" to be "green" and "flourishing," they will soon wither away. It is those who are standing firm on the Lord and His promises that will come out victorious in the end. Today I also felt like giving in to a bit of discouragement, but said out loud, "Lord, your strength is made PERFECT in my weakness. So though I may feel weak, I AM STRONG." May His Spirit encourage you all in the same way today! Thank you Dawn and Tash both for pressing on.