Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sermon Sunday -The Holiness of God

Today's sermon at church focused on Romans Chapter 1 vs 18-32. When we come to God, we must stand in awesome reverence of who He truly is. We are to worship the Creator, not what is created. When we set up idols in our lives and turn our hearts away from the living God, the consequence is pain and the blindness of sin. God never rewards sin.

We should remember to:

1. Always acknowledge God for who He is. We do this by praising Him, reading and meditating on His word and praying daily.

2. Always give Him thanks. Think of things to say thank you for, even when you are walking through the storms of life. This is the act of praise.

3. Always be thankful to the Lord. A thankful heart is full of praise. This is the attitude or posture of praise.

Please share the sermon you heard this Sunday or comment on the one posted. Click the comments link below to post your thoughts. God bless you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, this wasn’t the sermon from Sunday service, but from Sunday school.
We have been learning how to let go of the burdens we were not meant to carry. Part of yesterday's lesson was on the burdens of hopelessness and discouragement; and how when we get disappointments (like waiting for something) this can lead to bitterness (like feeling God forgot you and saying ‘why me?’). One of the scriptures we went through was Psalm 23. David was a good study because he knew that life would have its disappointments, but he continued to seek God, to wait on the Lord for His protection, His justice, His love and His Grace.

Another passage discussed that stood out for me was from 1 Peter 5:6…"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time." This spoke straight into my heart.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this lesson/sermon! I really needed to hear it. I have been struggling with feelings of bitterness this last little while. It seems like the way of those who don't trust in God always seems to prosper. I have been praying and confessing my wickedness before the Lord. I have been asking Him for grace to love those who have been unkind to me. I run to Him as my refuge. I also needed to be reminded about waiting on Him for His will and timing of things in my life, not my own. I am going to take this verse to heart, 1 Peter 5:6. I need to humble myself before the Lord. Thank you for the encouragement.