Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Talk Tuesday - Can we Trust Jesus in these hard times?

How can we know if He is faithful unless we are in need? Have you ever been in need? Have you lost your job or can't pay rent? I want to tell you right now God is faithful. If you looked at the video on Monday it showed how 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus. When they did not have anything God sent people to provide for their need. My wife and I can attest to God's goodness. Since I became a Christian, God always provided. When I was without a job God provided. One time we received a monetary gift and wondered what could we do with this and then our car needed fixing for the exact amount of the gift. Another time our bible study group blessed us and we thought we did not need it but God knew that we did. So this Talk Tuesday let's talk about how 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus. Tell us your story or tell us your need. God is faithful. He truly is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was feeling pretty down. It was the news in general, our culture of violence and salaciousness...and it just felt like there were no other Christians 'out there', like we were outnumbered, and the devil was in pure revelry. Also, at work, I feel 'called out' & isolated, not having Christian friends here I can speak to during the day...

Well God, He heard me. Because in a one month span, he sent 5 separate born again Christians my way. At our new home, the locksmith, the alarm guy, & the plumber all turned out to be born again Christians! And then, the physiotherapist I went to told me he used to go to my church :). And then when my husband and I were at the Shaw Festival, this guy came - literally out of nowhere - and encouraged us and gave us a Word...exactly what we had needed to hear! God IS faithful! Whatever we need and whenever we need it! God is GOOD - all the time! All the time, God IS Good!

Special said...

Funny how I was just talking to the Lord about the same thing. I am so grieved by the things that I see. I am crying out to the Lord. It is lonely being a christian. I am praying to God for revival in our land.

Isaiah 5:20-21
"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own thoughts"

God knows and understands all things. He sees the pain in our hearts but will have the final victory. The battle has already been won on Calvary.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of the goodness and magnificence of the awesome God we serve and that HE is indeed our provider.
Jesus tells us:"Consider the lilies how they grow. Thsey do not labour or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today,and is tomorrow thrown into the fire, how much nore will he clothe you.... " (Mt:27-28)
This is just ONE example in the Bible of confirmation that God is our "Jehovah Jireh."
HE provided for the mother and daughter in the movie clip when the husband drowned and they did not know where they would get the next meal.
Thank you also for the experiences you shared about God's providence in the lives of your own lives.
He continues to provide for my family also.
I am truly blessed and encouraged. Keep your biblegroup going!