Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Talk Tuesday - Isaac

Eleven years ago around this same time I was asked by God to sacrifice my Isaac, Natasha, my wife. Without getting into the details, I was tested by God to see if I would give up my then girlfriend for God. Like Abraham, I prayed a long time for my Isaac. I finally found the one I was to marry and God asked me to give her up. I did choose God and God gave her back to me. It was one of the hardest things I ever went through. When you read Genisis 22:1-19 you see Abraham trusting God even with his most precious son. Has God asked you to sacrafice your Isaac? Do you have a dream that you are waiting for? Do you need to give it to God? Are you waiting for kids? What is God speaking to you about? Share with us and let us encourage one another. It is hard to give up your Isaac. Let us help one another.

"Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.” Genesis 22:2

When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. But the angel of the LORD called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!”


“Here I am,” he replied.


 “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”


Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram[a] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son.  So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.” Genesis 22:9-14

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An Isaac! This is a very strong subject that no matter how good or spiritual we are in most areas of our life God tell(ask) us to make a sacrifice and by being obedient the maturity of our faith is being tested at the core.In other words God is saying give up something precious for me and I will bless you and your inheritance.
That is His unconditional promise as we demonstrate our love and faithfullness to Him.
God Bless you all we sacrifice for HIM.

Anonymous said...

Wow this subject really can cut to the core of our beings in providing the real test if we can let go and let God. We all face "our Isaac" at some time or another. Faith...trust...peace...provision.