Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Talk Tuesday – I am worthless

I am writing this article because I believe that someone needs to hear this today. Do you feel that you are not pretty enough? That you are overweight? That you will not amount to anything? Do you think that you are worthless? I thought some of these things before I became a Christian. My life was going nowhere, I was getting older and began to feel hopeless but when I found Jesus I found hope. I would like to say that everything got better and that now I have this perfect image of myself. Oh, 'I am more than a conqueror'... 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'. We all know these passages of scripture (Romans 8:37 and ; Philippians 4:13). Yet sometimes we still feel down and defeated. Should Christians feel depressed? Shouldn't we always be happy and sure of ourselves? I am a Christian but sometimes I feel discouraged with my position in life. Am I less of a Christian? How do you feel? I have learned not to trust my feelings but to trust God. God says He has a plan and a purpose for your life. God says that He has made you in His image and likeness. We might feel worthless but God sees our worth. Dear one you are worth much in God's eyes. If we could only see what God sees in us we would be so different. God is doing a work in our lives. Right now we might feel like an ugly caterpillar but God is transforming us into a beautiful butterfly. You are beautiful and you are worth much. Who ever you are God loves you and He wants the best for you. He is doing a work in you. God I pray that you will help us see ourselves as You see us. In Jesus Name.

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9

Blessings
Andrew


If you are not sure how to make a comment please see our YouTube video.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Andrew for posting this comment. I believe that there are many people who somewhere in their hearts have agreed with the lie that they are worthless. And as you have so clearly pointed out- God delights in us and values us highly.

Sometimes it is easy to believe that you are worthless when you do wrong things or are told you are worthless or abused by someone. Then you may agree with the lie that you are worthless then you behave accordingly, which continues the vicious cycle. But know that belief is a lie- the truth is that you are beloved by God.

If we really understood how much we are valued and loved by God I think we would think of ourselves so differently. And treat ourselves (and others) with love.

For myself, I began to treat myself better and to behave differently when I understood more about how much I was loved by God. And it is a lesson that I continue to learn and to rejoice in- that no matter what happens- I am loved by Someone who knows every single thing about me.

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.

Special said...

Thank you Andrew for your wonderful post! This really ministers to me, especially at this time in my life. Anonymous, thank you for that scripture from Zephaniah 3:17. I needed to be reminded of that today.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the talk Andrew. The "father of lies" Jn.8:44) never lets up - he consistently tries to steal our peace, joy and self concept in so many ways. Scripture also tells us: "The enemy comes not but for to kill, steal and destroy."
Thank you for the confirmation in 1Pt.2:9 and thank you Anonymous for Zeph.3:17
Insightful topic Andrew.