Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Talk Tuesday-GROW-Worship

Why WORSHIP?

WORSHIP is an expression of praise that comes from a thankful heart. Worship should encompass every area of our hearts, manifesting itself in our everyday lives. We ultimately WORSHIP God by how we live out our lives. When we read the Bible, we WORSHIP Him. When we pray, we WORSHIP Him. When we have fellowship with the Holy Spirit, we WORSHIP Him. When we help others, we WORSHIP Him. 

When we praise Him, we WORSHIP Him. Let's talk about WORSHIPPING the Lord through PRAISE. How do you praise the Lord? Why should you praise the Lord?

"It is good to praise the LORD and make music to Your name,O Most High, 
to proclaim Your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night,
to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp. 
For You make me glad by Your deeds, O LORD; 
I sing for joy at the work of your hands. 
How great are your works, O Lord, how profound are your thoughts! " 
Psalm 34:1 

WORSHIP allows us to draw closer to Him, taking our eyes off ourselves and putting it on Him. As we praise Him, our WORSHIP immediately invites God's presence in our midst.

"But Thou art holy, O Thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel." Psalm 22:3 

Let us WORSHIP Him even when life becomes difficult and the challenges seem great. 
 
"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of lips that confess His name." Hebrews 13:15 

What does worship mean to you? Let's talk...please click on the comments link below. Let's continue in the GROW series together! 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Worship is going to church, fellowshipping, singing, clapping. But also, like you say, it's reading scripture too. For me, Worship is also taking the focus off a difficult situation or person ;), and laying all my frustration, anxiety, worry and fear at the foot of the cross. I hope I honour Him when I do this consistently throughout the day.

Anonymous said...

I worship with my ipod. When I feel like worshiping I make a playlist of music and play it on my ipod. It helps me in with my devotions for the day.

Special said...

Worship is my expression of praise for all God is and has done through my life. I could never really grasp the awesomeness of my Lord but when I give Him praise, my heart soars within me. It takes the focus off of myself and puts it one much greater than I ever could be. To worship God is not only to sing or play with instruments but to speak with my heart to His heart about His love and how it touched me. I express my heart through worship.