Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Talk Tuesday-GROW-Ministry

What is MINISTRY? Why MINISTRY? Does this apply to only selected few or have you also been called to actively participate in MINISTRY? The Bible states that God has given us all gifts of some kind. MINISTRY is serving others and God through these gifts. If you sing, you can minister in song by joining the choir or worship team. If you have the gift of hospitality, you should join an outreach by cooking, hosting, mentoring, acting and serving. You can help with Sunday school, nursery, counselling and a variety of different ministries.

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 4:10-11

As you serve others, you bless God and let the light of Christ shine brightly within you! You give glory to God through Jesus Christ. Getting involved in MINISTRY is a vital part of your Christian walk. It helps you to GROW spiritually as you walk in obedience before the Lord. MINISTRY is an act of love-love towards God and your neighbour. We are saved by faith in Jesus Christ through the grace of God.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:8-9

We must allow our faith to GROW, as we walk in relationship with God through Jesus. You will know a tree by its fruit. If you do not know what you should get involved in, pray and seek the Lord.

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "you have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. James 2:14-18

How has getting involved in MINISTRY helped you in your walk with the Lord? What does MINISTRY mean to you? Does active participation in a MINISTRY draw you closer to the Lord? We want to hear from you. Please click on the comments link below to add your thoughts!


5 comments:

Special said...

When I first got saved I got involved in my church's choir. This was a blessing to me as it allowed me to express my excitement, love and thankfulness to God through worship and praise. It also gave me new friends and brought me closer to my family members in the body of Christ. I was scared at first, but I prayed and walked in obedience. God gave me the gift of singing, so I offered it back to Him with a thankful heart.

Grace said...

God has gifted me with voice and organization. I help to organize fellowships at church and with my family and workplace. I also sing in the choir and on a couple of worship teams. It's a joy to share God's gift and it opens the way to make more friends that help to draw you closer to God everyday.

Staff BT said...

Very good article. Doing ministry for the LORD or being involved in the work of CHRIST may have blessed me more than those ministered to (I do not know). What I do know is that I have received tremendous growth and contentment from the LORD by serving in various ministries. As the scripture says (Ephesians 2:8-9, James 2:14-18), I beleive that the expression of our faith is our works which is the act of worship and thanksgiving that we offer to GOD by the life we live. Therefore, I thank GOD for each day HE gives me the breath of life. May we all remember how short our lives are on the earth and use every opportunity to serve the LORD JESUS to the fullest.

Once was lost said...

When I be came a Christian I got involved in lots of ministry. Although I was helping people I was blessed even more.

Blessings said...

Serving in ministry has taught me a lot about perseverance. In the world, if I didn't like a situation, I just "got out of it." In the Lord, I have had to learn to stick things out until I felt the time had really come to move along. It has really helped me to grow spiritually. Serving in various ministries whether for pay or not has also helped open my eyes to see just how much God especially ordains what we were created to do, then, if we are willing, places us in just the right spot. He is sovereign over where we live, work and serve, and how. Even things that we are gifted at and don't know it yet, He will eventually reveal!