Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Talk Tuesday - Remain in His Love

John Chapter 15:9-11, "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed My Father's commands and remain in His love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete."


The Lifehouse 'Everything' skit posted on 'Movie Monday' brings this home for me each time. What does Jesus mean when He says, 'Now remain in my love?'


We look forward to hearing from you. Please click on the 'comments' link below to respond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't the answer to that Natasha...but today's scripture hits me square in the eyes.

It was a much needed reminder to stay close, keep my eyes on the cross, don't let go, lean on HIM. I get wrapped up in my own day-to-day life, and haven't been spending my alone time with the most important relationship in my life...

Is Jesus saying that for pure joy, God's joy comes when we are mindful, faithful, & obedient?

Why do I put God's time last, when all I have is due to Him alone? Why don't I open up more & more often when this time is really the most joyful time of my day?

Dawn said...

"From there you will search again for the Lord your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him."
-Deuteronomy 4:29
This scripture has been on my mind since I read it a few days ago. I had planned to save it for this Saturday, but it seemed very appropriate after seeing the video. Other things that came to mind when I watched it include the healthy, calm, and secure nourishment that Jesus offered to fill the girl with,as opposed to what visually looked unhealthy and tense which caused unhappiness or an empty feeling.Thus Jesus will fill ou with what is healthy, satisfying and good for you. Another thought that came to mind is "If God is with you, who can be against you" I'm afraid that the proper scriptural wording escapes me at the moment, sorry!