Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Talk Tuesday- Happy Easter!!!

This weekend while many of us prepare to celebrate Easter, the Jewish community will be celebrating Passover. In the book of Exodus, GOD spoke to Moses regarding the final plague that He would bring upon the land of their enslavement, in response to the hardness of Pharaoh's heart. The LORD commanded Moses and Aaron to instruct the whole community of Israel to choose an unblemished male lamb to be slaughtered. The blood was to be applied on the door posts of each house:

"Then they are to take some of the blood and put in on the sides and tops of the door frames of the houses where they eat the lambs." Exodus 12:7

"On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn-both men and animals-and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will passover you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt." Exodus 12:12-13

The angel of death passed through the land of Egypt but passed over the houses of those who had applied the blood to their doorposts. In the same way, the scourge of eternal death passes over once we apply the blood of JESUS to the door posts of our own hearts. JESUS CHRIST is the Passover Lamb that takes away the sins of the world!

"But now the righteousness of GOD apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of GOD, through faith in JESUS CHRIST, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of GOD, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in CHRIST JESUS, whom GOD set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance GOD had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in JESUS." Romans 3:21-26

Have you applied the blood of JESUS to the doorpost of your heart? Have you received JESUS as the LORD and SAVIOUR of your life? Do you want to know how? The Bible says,

"That if you confess with your mouth, 'JESUS is LORD,' and believe in your heart that GOD raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10

Do you want to receive JESUS' forgiveness now? Then pray this prayer with a sincere heart to GOD. He is waiting for you. He loves you. He sent His only begotten Son just to save you.

Dear Lord Jesus,

I know that I am a sinner and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite you to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow you as my LORD and Saviour. In your name, I pray, Amen.

If you prayed this prayer to receive JESUS CHRIST as your LORD and SAVIOUR, and need help to get started with your walk in the LORD, please feel free to email us at joinus@biblegrouponline.com

No comments: