Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Talk Tuesday - How Do You Know That God Is Good?

How do you know that God is good if He does not show you? How do you know He is faithful if He has not taken you through the storm? We all say that God is good but we only know that to be true until we put our trust in Him as we walk through the fire. When He takes us through it, we will not be burned. His Word promises us, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2 It is easy to say that God is my provider when there is money in my pocket. When we are down to our last penny, and He takes us through it, then do we know that He truly is Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who provides.

When we are in a trial we often ask ourselves why do we have to go through it. Sometimes God wants to teach us something or reveal Himself to us in a new way. Tash and I have seen God as our provider on many occasions. One time we were blessed with $400 and we did not know why that person felt led of the Lord to give it to us. A few weeks later we got a car maintaince bill for $402. On two occasions we needed tuition for school and on both occasions we received enough money to pay for the courses. Now we know God as Jehovah Jireh, our Provider.

We claim that God answers prayers but we only know that He answers pray when He does. Even after the surgery Tash had many complications. All I could do was pray and trust God. He came through for us. The Lord is my Shepherd. I am sure you have countless examples of how God has answered prayer or how He has been your Provider. Now is the time to share it and encourage someone else today.


1 Peter 1:6-7

"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings.
I know that God is good because what he has done for me.Father God left His one and only Son Jesus Christ as a Testimony and today I am a part of that Testament.
In 2006 I was paralyzed by a massive stroke that crippled the right side of my body..could'nt walk,talk and remember but Prayed secretly in my mind and He heard my cry from a distance.
In Sept 2007 I collasped with a major Heart attack,the pains were unbearable as I struggled for my last breath. The forces of darkness was beating and choking me but because I had JESUS in my heart I got stronger and started to fight back with the Lion of Judah at my side.Then Spirit touch me and saved me.
Right now I am sweating with emotions knowing that God is so GOOD and His grace is sufficent because I made it through the Dead Sea.
As time crawled along I followed the vision and did a CD" I FOLLOW THE CROSS" it went on to achieve some of the highest awards in Gospel Music. "JESUS IS MY SWEETBREAD is # 4 in Soweto" and BLAZIN" # 1 on the Top Ten charts in Trinidad and Eastern Caribbean and popular in the USA...Voted GOSPEL ARTIST OF THE YEAR 2009. Nominated for the RMAA Awards...up for the Calypso Gospel Competition Award'...Radio and TV interviews to numerous to mention.
You see God had a plan and a purpose for me and He also have one for you.
I am a living example of His goodness and faithfulness.
This is my story,this is my song living to praise my Savior all the day long.
God Bless.
Uncle Jimmy.

Anonymous said...

I know God is Good because I too am saved now almost 5 yrs.

My life is completely different from before. I was an angry person, full of superstitions and seeking 'truths' in the Oriental religions. I expected nothing and got nothing. There was very little that truky satisfied me. I eventually sought God finally and He gave me a chance to redeem myself from the life I led.

God is indeed faithful.

God is also good in the little things...like praying for a nail lost in an electric fireplace - or in much bigger things: like saving my job from being cut completely.

My faith is in Jesus alone.

Anonymous said...

With each new passing day God has revealed His mercy, grace and goodness to me. I would be lost without Him. Not only has He given me meaning and purpose but He has filled my heart with His presence. I am so grateful for His mercy, love, passion and grace.

Blessed said...

God has blessed me with patience that can only be bestowed by Him. In the midst of trying circumstances, He has helped me to turn the other cheek, to no longer be defensive, and to believe that He is in full control. He continues to help me to show love, and to aim to be forgiving in situations where I would normally stand my ground and fight to the bitter end. In essence, He has helped me to channel my energy towards developing a better relationship with him and immersing myself in His holy scripture.

Be blessed and prosper!