Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Talk Tuesday-The Beauty of the Lord


Last week I shared about God's amazing grace to use our suffering for His glory. While I was in surgery, a young lady named Natasha was in a coma for 3 months. The Lord orchestrated a chance meeting between our families that prompted my family to pray with Natasha's mother in the OR waiting room and then for Natasha downstairs as she lay on her bed. She is now in Rehab, her mother called last week. That's where we left off.

I was scheduled for a 4 hour surgery that ended up lasting 8 hours due to complications. As I prepared myself for the operation, I thought, "Only You Lord Jesus can go with me into this room. Will you be with me during this operation, Jesus?" Suddenly the anxiety and fear melted away, replaced by an inexplicable, palpable peace. What happened next still leaves me amazed.

I was being wheeled out of the OR with a smile on my face. Jesus, the Lamb of God, answered my prayer. He was with me. I felt an inexplicable joy. I felt exhilarated. I was groggily and happily telling anyone who would listen that Jesus had been with me. Then I opened my eyes only to realize that it was very dark outside. I was unaware of what had transpired in the OR. I lost a considerable amount of blood, had to have an additional procedure done and my physical body ended up experiencing trauma as a result. I never knew it until after the worst was over.

I was privileged to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord while in the land of the living. The Psalmist prays,

Psalm 27:4
"One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple."

Brothers and sisters, what better treasure is there than to know Jesus? He will walk with us through all our valleys and celebrate with us on the mountaintop. Seek the Lord, while He may be found. Invest in your relationship with Jesus Christ, you will NEVER be disappointed!

Please share your thoughts with us and other BGO community members by clicking on the comments link below. Be blessed!

No comments: