Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Talk Tuesday-Trust Him More

Last week my faith felt smaller than a mustard seed! I felt weak, defeated and overwhelmed by situations in the storm we were facing. My disappointment in myself rose to the surface as I considered the many times GOD had shown Himself strong and mighty in my life. Shouldn't my faith have been larger and more constant in the midst of it all? Then it came to me, 'CONFESS and PRAY.' So I did.

In 2 Corinthians 12:9, the LORD says, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” I confessed my weakness and asked for His perfect strength. I remembered His promise that, “...if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you,” Matthew 17:20. So I confessed that my faith felt smaller than a mustard seed, and prayed for more faith. “7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened,” Matthew 7:7-8.

This week, I am so very thankful to be able to say that my faith is at least the size of a mustard seed again! Imagine, a mustard seed is between 1 or 2 mm in diameter! Now I find myself commanding the mountain to be moved!! He has answered my prayer and increased my faith. I am beginning to see the situations in the storm change and soon the storm itself will dissipate.

This morning the Holy Spirit reminded me of GOD's great promise from Isaiah 41:10, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your GOD. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

To all my Christian Brothers and Sisters, both present and soon to come, remember this: “'No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me,' declares the LORD.” Isaiah 54:17 

When you find yourself suspended between the reality of faith and unbelief, TRUST HIM MORE!

2 comments:

Farah said...

Thank God that even when we are unfaithful, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny who He is! He is absolutely worthy of our trust!


Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I feel somewhat liberated because I too, was feeling my faith challenged by what I saw as a
Goliath rushing in with alacrity and boasting. I felt like shrinking backward and cowering in abject pity of the "supposed" enormity of my challenge. Then, I was reminded of God's faithfulness and His reminder that we are "to walk by faith and not by sight." Now I am boldly saying to Goliath: "I pronounce you dead because Jesus has already given me the victory to slay you with prayers, praise and thanksgiving.'