Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Talk Tuesday-Don't Stay Down!

Have you ever felt really down about yourself and distant from GOD? Have you ever felt despondent, discouraged or disappointed by your own behaviour as a professing Christian? Well, I certainly have!

This week I was reminded of GOD's infinite mercy, grace and love. As I considered my own sinfulness, I felt the Holy Spirit encourage me to simply confess, repent and pray. So, I did. I acknowledged my waywardness before the LORD (because that is exactly what sin is!), I asked for forgiveness and petitioned Him for help. Afterwards, I felt refreshed, restored and ready to face the future.

The Bible tells us that, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness,” 1 John 1:9. JESUS CHRIST is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and He advocates on our behalf. “But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world,” 1 John 2:1-2. The HOLY SPIRIT teaches us the Word of GOD and convicts us of sin. “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you,” John 14:26. “And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment,” John 16:8. 

Today, if you are feeling down, dive into His Word and pray. He has a great plan for your life! “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do,” Ephesians 2:10. Remember whose you are. "14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children," Romans 8:14-16. Then, remember who HE is. “The LORD is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy,” Psalm 145:8. Now, RISE, REJOICE and RECEIVE HIS promises for your life!

"Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in His ways." Psalm 128:1

1 comment:

Farah said...

A "word in season" for me today! Thank you for the encouraging words, and may God bless YOU!