Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Talk Tuesday-We Are Being Called Forth

I feel the Spirit of God calling forth His people to a deeper walk with Him. It is as though He is calling us through the Refiner's fire, moulding and shaping us for His Kingdom purpose here on earth. We have been chosen live in such a time as this, in such a season as this and we must seek His will for our lives, not our own. It is difficult. Jesus says, “24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. 25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honour,” John 12:24-26.

If you have sin in your life, or feel unworthy of His calling, you only need to repent and receive His forgiveness. Don't let Satan deceive you into believing that you will never amount to anything, or that the clay cannot be reshaped for use by the Potter. Know that the blood shed on Calvary's Cross is meant to wash away your sins.

“My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.”

1 John 2:1-2 “8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.” 1 John 1:8-9

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7

Let the Holy Spirit guide you in your quest to deepen your walk with God. Know Him and let the power of His Word feed your soul. He requires that we put HIM FIRST in our lives. “15 If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you,” John 14:15-17.

“33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” Matthew 6:33

Trust in the LORD with all your heart. Commit your ways to Him. Seek Him and you WILL find Him. Know that He desires to bless you. Hold on through the fiery trial, and He will redeem your suffering. This life is short, filled with hills and valleys. If you choose Him, then CHOOSE HIM. Walk faithfully before the LORD. Let us take up our cross, follow Jesus Christ and encourage one another.

“12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.” Hebrews 12:1-3

Be blessed in Christ!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel like when you want something so bad - you just have to give it up? It's happened to me a few times more than I would like. But what seems to be so painful at the time, the self-reflection on where my heart is, what my true motivation is, and how this thing that I want, just how does it line up with things of God? Are they righteous? Or do they compromise my faith? Would I be open about this with my pastor and my church family? I do feel God pulls me back - redirects me. But when I'm faithful to Him, He is faithful to me - and gives much more than I had ever known I even wanted. Praise God! He is awesome and good. Yes! Choose Him!

Anonymous said...

5Putting your wants behind is hard. I just did the same thing today. I keep saying imma come to God. Imma read his word. But Youtube, and Anime watching was getting in a way. So I had to give them up for a period of time. To focus on God cause they was getting in the way and holding me back. It hard but I have to for God. I'm learning not to give thigs to flesh but to starve it and let it die. Lords knows its easier said then done.