Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Talk Tuesday-After Having Done All, Then Stand

This seems to be a season of great trial and testing for many Christians. It is as though the earth is groaning, hearts are breaking and temptation is pulling at the resolve of the most stout-hearted in the Lord. In times of confusion, when 'sight' is trying to drown out your faith, stand on the Word of GOD to keep you afloat, and remember, JESUS IS IN THE BOAT WITH YOU! HE IS THE ROCK!

“Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; 
never will I forsake you.'” Hebrews 13:5

“When the enemy comes in like a flood,
 The Spirit Of The Lord will lift up a standard against him.” Isaiah 59:19

“I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.” Job 42:2

“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10

“The floods have lifted up, O Lord, 
the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves. The Lord on high is mightier
 than the noise of many waters, than the mighty waves of the sea.” Psalm 93:3-4

“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3

“'No weapon formed against you shall prosper, 
and every tongue which rises against you in judgment 
you shall condemn.
 This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me,'
says the Lord.” Isaiah 54:17

“And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.'” 2 Corinthians 12:9

“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High 
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress; 
My God, in Him I will trust.'” Psalm 91:1-2

“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, 
to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:10-11

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

“ 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, 'Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?' 39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Peace, be still!' And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.” Mark 4:37-39

“10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” Ephesians 6:10-18

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all these scriptures!

We really do need to steep ourselves into the Word, so that we aren't overcome by the world. I was just thinking this morning that I shouldn't even read the paper in the morning anymore. The news these days are awash in sad stories & realities...the GTA flood, the airplane crash in San Francisco, the disaster in Quebec, forgotten children, war. We need God ever MORE now. He IS the rock. When things are out of control and everything in sight is shifting, He is there...our 'shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain.'

Praying for solidarity with my Christian family; praying for our world.

Anonymous said...

Yes the call to stand is greatly appreciated. The living Word is powerful, active,energizing and revitalizing the question is why are my priorities so out of wack spending more time on things that are temporal than listening to our Lord and Father. Thanks for bringing my focus back to what matters and what is true in this time of great battle for my faith. Jesus asked "When I come will I find faith?" Help me Lord to be able to say from my heart, without reservation,like Job, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him."