Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Talk Tuesday-Father's Day

It is a gift to have a good father. A good father protects, provides, teaches, admonishes and loves his children. Our Heavenly Father does that and so much more. He waits patiently for His children, loving us through our ups and downs. If we open our hearts to Him, He will lead us through our journey of life right into His Kingdom. He loves our obedience and delights in our worship. He also longs to bless us with good gifts. He wants us to seek Him, to humble ourselves and come to Him. He longs for our hearts. He says;

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:7-11

Even if your experience with your earthly parents may not have been what you have desired, remember that, "Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me." Psalm 27:10 If you do not know the Father today, I encourage you to open your hearts to Him. You can come to the Father freely through Jesus Christ the Son!

Please share your stories with us on the goodness of God the Father and how He has revealed Himself to you in your life. Click on the comments link below to add your stories and/or comments. May God bless you all and Happy Father's Day.

1 comment:

God's child said...

God has been so good to me. He has seen to my salvation, brought me to a place of peace from all the anger and confusion before Christ. I give God the Glory for helping me see true Love, and to in turn to love my brothers - and that's not easy feat! I can now pray for those who offend me?! I am constantly amazed at how things always 'just work out' + esp. when you pine for something and later find out it was so much better -not- to be granted that. I can only imagine the pain I have caused my Heavenly Father for the times I have gone my own way - even since being Saved.

I look forward to the day when I can peer into His face, hold His hand and tell Him again of my repentence and Love - and thank Him for all that He's done for me.