Thursday, July 21, 2011

Talk Tuesday-Pray For A Faithful Heart

The truth is that I want to finish well. I want to live out the remainder of my days as a sacrifice of praise and honour to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I know many Christ followers who share the same desire, yet we struggle with fear and worry. How can I believe that GOD is ever-powerful, but continue to be rocked by worry and fear? Of course, at the end of that worry is the fear that I do not finish well.

I would like to share a story with you. The LORD is faithful. I was diagnosed with an illness that prevented me from travelling for three years. The LORD has been healing me in stages and I am getting much better with each new day. So, I prayed for a trip. I asked the LORD to provide us with the means and destination for a vacation. We did not have a few thousand lying around for leisure, but I prayed in faith. Surely enough, GOD provided the EXACT AMOUNT needed, and the perfect location for the trip. The goodness of the LORD blew my mind. He is so good to the undeserving, and the truth is that we are all undeserving of such unmerited favour.

On my way back into Toronto, I sat on the plane enjoying the aerial view.  As random thoughts began to race through my mind, worry started setting in. Then the Holy Spirit gently said, "PRAY FOR A FAITHFUL HEART." As I repeated the words to myself, a peace infused every part of my soul. It was so simple, yet so profound. If we pray for a faithful heart, GOD will grant it. If our heart is faithful, then we will obey. If we walk in obedience to our LORD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST, we will indeed finish well. It brings me back to that old saying, 'Why worry when you could pray?' Let us spur one another on towards OBEDIENCE in CHRIST, as we pray for ourselves and for each other to have a A FAITHFUL HEART.

"Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called 'today,' lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, while it is said: 'Today if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.'" Hebrews 3:12-15

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God really is AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your story-I praise God for what He did for you. I can imagine how blessed you felt by His answer to prayer. This message really encouraged me today, especially since not worrying was the exact thing that God spoke to me about this morning (Luke 12:22-34). I can achieve nothing by worrying yet I still do it- much more often than I would be willing to admit. It is amazing how much He promises us if we will just trust and not let fear or worry creep in. This is something I am learning- slowly. Thank you again for sharing your faithwalk with us. It is a blessing.

Beloved said...

Thanks for sharing Natasha, this is a powerful testimony. I will be praying this prayer.

Lately I have been asking the Lord to help me not be afraid ... I am an analytical person and over the last couple of years, when I have been thinking about the implications of the social, moral, political, economic and religious events around us if the Lord does not intervene, I begin to feel worried and fearful!!!

So thank you for this reminder and encouragement.