Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Talk Tuesday - God Help Me!!!

It is amazing how God uses situations to reveal Himself to us. When Tash was in the hospital and everything possible was going wrong, all I could to do was call out to God. When it really got bad my friends could not help me, the pastors could not help me, and even my family could not help me, only God could help me. If we look in the Bible God did the same. God took the Israelites out of Egypt with His mighty hand. Pharaoh eventually chased after them and met them at the shores of the Red Sea. The Israelites looked at their situation and could not see a way out. They were backed into a corner and it seemed hopeless, but God had a plan. What did God do? He opened up the Red Sea so that the Israelites could walk over to the other side safely. “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26.

So what are you going through now? Are you backed in a corner? Does it seem that there is no way out? Remember, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26. God wants to reveal Himself to you today. He wants to be your shield and your strength. When we are in difficult situations, He will show Himself STRONG. When God took us through the two surgeries He grew our faith. I learned more about God’s faithfulness in the last two years than in the 10 years that I have been a Christian. Is your view of God BIG? Do you believe that God can take you through your storm? He can and He will. Trust Him. Even if all you can do is cry out, “God Help Me!”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your message this a.m. It reminds ME of the scripture in Hebrews 10:23, "LET US HOLD THE PROESSION OF OUR FAITH WITHOUT WAVERING; (F0R HE IS FAITHFUL THAT PROMISED). When things are well in our lives, it is very difficult to know God in his entirety (although we will never fully know him in his entirety here on earth), The scripture stated, "That I might know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death."(Phil.3:10) Our trials, sufferings, troubles, these things are not in vain my brothers and sisters. Ephesians 2 said But God who is RICH in mercy, for his GREAT love wherewith he loved us, has raised us up to together and made us sit together in HEAVENLY PLACES in Christ Jesus (awesome). He is molding us and conforming us into his image .God Bless.
Kaye.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Andrew!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!! On Sunday I made a commitment to trust God in two specific areas of my life where letting go and surrendering was an issue for me. Well, the enemy wasted no time in trying to make me regret that promise. Anyone looking at my situation would feel that I didn't have a way out and that I should just give up and surrender to defeat. Thanks for the being obediant to God, I really did need a reminder about who hold my future and that nothing is too impossible for HIM :)

Anonymous said...

"'Listen to me, descendants of Jacob,
all you who remain in Israel.
I have cared for you since you were born.
Yes, I carried you before you were born.
I will be your God throughout your lifetime—
until your hair is white with age.
I made you, and I will care for you.
I will carry you along and save you.'"

Isaiah 46:3–4
NLT

Anonymous said...

THANKS ANDREW! YOUR TESTIMONY IS INDEED FAITH BUILDING FOR ME - I NEEDED TO HEAR THIS AT THIS POINT IN MY LIFE
GOD IS SO VERY FAITHFUL, THAT HE LED ME TO THIS TESTIMONY WHEN I WAS FEELING A SENSE OF DEFEAT IN MY CIRCUMSTANCE.
ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU AND PLEASE KNOW THAT BIBLE GROUP ONLINE IS A TRUE INSPIRATION.
GOD IS GOOD.

Gwendolen said...

I am truely in this situation as we speak. Fiancially speaking... there is no HUMAN way to make it. I am seven months pregnant, unable to work because of complications and have a two year old. My husband can't find a job that pays enough to cover the bills. I'm waiting on you Lord, I know there is a master plan here... You know what you're doing... It's clear as mud to me!

Andrew said...

God is good. We will be praying for you. Lady G, God will be there for you and your husband. He was there for us early in our marriage. He will provide.

Anonymous, thanks for the encouragement. We will also keep you in prayer.